Thursday, January 27, 2011

Crazy for Kindle

I am officially OBSESSED with my Kindle. At first I didn't know what to think of the whole Kindle craze, I didn't feel like a little machine to read my books on was all that necessary. At the same time, I can literally read a book in a matter of days and I was starting to feel like spending $15 on a book and finishing it two days later was creating quite the pile of books in my house. I hate piles. So I decided to investigate the Kindle and once I actually saw one in real life, I was hooked! It is super small and thin and fits perfectly in my purse. I'll admit that I've been a little bit of an addict with my new toy, it's just so convenient it's hard to put down! This month I've read:
1. "The White Queen" ~ Not nearly as good as the "Nefertiti" series, but readable
2. "Little Bee" ~ Not sure what all they hype is about this one, it's depressing and never really gets to the point
3. "Water for Elephants" ~ Pretty good, a little strange?, but I'm looking forward to seeing the movie since Reese Witherspoon is in it
4. "Cutting for Stone" ~ Good, but not really a page turner. Still reading it so the verdict is out!

That's right, I'm on my fourth book this month...it's all the Kindle's fault!

1 comments:

ej said...

Oh no seester, my warning about Little Bee was too late! My apologies for having to read that trash.
In the hopes of mutually encouraging our Kindle addictions, I heard you can share books now between Kindles... maybe we should look into this, what say you?