Thursday, March 18, 2010

Food & Fun

I have a thing for beautiful food, and don't worry because I documented all of my favorite food in Taiwan...and I also documented some kind of gross food too...all for your viewing pleasure! In addition to Chinese food, we had some amazing Indian food and Thai food while we were there, and I still lust after the Risotto and Truffles that we had at the American Club! Shayn's favorite find was a Red-Bull type drink called "Super Ox". It comes in these little mini-cans and tastes much better than Red Bull, and it's supposedly full of anti-oxidants. We smuggled several cans home with us:) There was some pretty gross food too, like the "Egg and Mashed Potato Sandwich" sitting nonchalantly in the glass display case at Starbucks, or the chickens hanging in the food court at Taipei 101 that still had their heads attached...appetizing! Something that was constantly cracking us up was that things really seem to get lost in translation in Taiwan. For example, this beer that Shayn found, simply titled "Bar Beer." Driving down the street I was always whipping out my camera, trying to get pictures of all of the signs because most of them are hilarious and make absolutely no sense. One of my favorites was a cafe we would pass all the time called "Is Coffee" -makes no sense at all! At the night market we would find all sorts of cute shirts and then realize that the words on the shirts weren't spelled right or what they said on the front was just a bunch of nonsense. Who knew Taiwan was such great comic relief?

0 comments: